There are fewer points in time in a leader’s life more important than the start-up phase. Whether you are an experienced leader taking over a new team or a first-time leader getting started with your group, the early few weeks and months set the tone and tenor for your leadership and for your success.
George Bradt, along with his co-author partners, Jayme A. Check and Jorge E. Pedraza, are out with the latest edition of, The New Leader’s 100 Day Action Plan-How to Take Charge, Build Your Team and Get Immediate Results, and we can all benefit from their guidance for this crticial start-up phase. George serves up a great interview with priceless advice and “must listen/must read” content for anyone approaching a start-up situation.
Sound-Bites-What You’ll Hear:
- The two types of conversations your management team might have about you as a new leader…and how to make certain it’s the right one.
- How to think about and plan for the start-up phase.
- The key mistakes that too many leaders make during this critical period.
- Guidance on gaining a head start on building the right relationships even before you’ve started in your new role.
- How to develop, share and manage your message to optimize results during your first 100 days.
- How to build and energize the team you’ll need to be successful.
George Bradt is the Managing Director at Prime Genesis, an Executive On-Boarding Consultancy.
JUST RELEASED! Check Out Art’s New Book: Leadership Caffeine-Ideas to Energize Your Professional Development
Want More: Sign up for the new, Leadership Caffeine e-Newsletter. I’ll guard your e-mail address with ferocity, while sharing ideas to energize and inspire.
About Art Petty:
Art Petty is a Leadership & Career Coach and Strategy Consultant, helping motivated professionals of all levels achieve their potential. In addition to working with highly motivated professionals, Art frequently works with project teams in pursuit of high performance. Art’s second book (an edited, annotated collection of the most popular leadership essays), Leadership Caffeine-Ideas to Energize Your Professional Development, was released at the end of September in 2011.
Contact Art via e-mail to discuss a coaching, workshop or speaking engagement or to inquire about being a guest on The Leadership Caffeine podcast.