Yes, I Remember the 21st of September!
I suspect I am speaking for more than just myself when I say that I’m looking forward to a week this year where we don’t lose another icon from the world of music. The sounds of the 70’s faded a bit more with the passing of Maurice White, the founder of Earth, Wind and Fire. I still recall ripping out the a.m. radio in my ’71 Oldsmobile Cutlass and replacing it with an AM/FM stereo radio and 8-track player, and driving around with the windows down and EWF blaring from the speakers.
The political scene entertained with Cruz edging Trump and Rubio while Hillary and Bernie were almost too close to call. Our time-until-retirement continues to elongate with the declining stock market, while gasoline spurred on by a glut of crude oil and slowing global industrial demand edges dangerously and deliciously closer to 1970’s era pricing. Time to plan a summer road-trip?!
In the world of leadership and management writing last week, I once again cast a wide-net with topics ranging from opening communication lines with your team to warning people about the realities and headaches of managing others.
Here’s the quick recap:
- Leadership Caffeine: How to Get the Team to Open Up to You
- Why the Role of Manager Might be a Mistake for You
- In case you ignored the advice in the prior post: Leading at a New Level: 4 Big Survival Tips
- How to Get the Most Out of a Leadership Training Event
- Why Your Firm’s Survival is Dependent Upon Changing the Field of View
In Other News from the World of Leadership Caffeine:
- I kicked-off a new, subscriber-only publication: the Mid-Week Leadership Caffeine e-news. It’s 5, quick shots of leadership espresso to help you sustain and succeed during the rest of your week. I would love to include you on the distribution!
- My “Jump-Start” coaching programs are just about filled and I expect to close the doors to new enrollment by the end of next week. If you’re below the executive level but aspire to moving in that direction, check out this very limited run opportunity at a great price. Just don’t wait too long.
- The Leadership Caffeine Facebook page is growing quickly, and I would love to see you there. I offer daily updates, quotes and love to share ideas with my readers. Stop by and please show some love with a “like!”
That’s it for now. Have a great weekend. May your team win in the big game!
Yours in great leadership and career health,
See more posts in the Leadership Caffeine™ series.
Read More of Art’s Motivational Writing on Leadership and Management at About.com!
Art Petty serves senior executives and management teams as a performance coach and strategy facilitator. Art is a popular keynote speaker focusing on helping professionals and organizations learn to survive and thrive in an era of change. Additionally, Art’s books are widely used in leadership development programs. To learn more or discuss a challenge, contact Art.