Succeed with confidence and clarity in all your high-stakes communication situations
Imagine the most complicated, high-stakes communication situations you are likely to encounter in your career. You need an approach and tools to organize your thinking, guide your responses, and help you succeed in these difficult moments.
Consider the following challenging communication situations:
- Promoting “you” in job interviews
- Negotiating for a raise
- Planning a difficult feedback discussion
- Rolling out a new strategy or change initiative
- Asking your board of directors to support a new investment
- Meeting your new team as the recently hired/promoted manager
- Briefing top management on your struggling project
- And any other planned communication where the stakes are high and you need to be at your best.
Join executive and career coach and long-time technology industry executive, Art Petty in a three-hour working session as he teaches you strategic message design and delivery.
In this session, you will learn:
- The importance of designing your messaging strategy for the psychology of the situation
- How to use design thinking approaches to design and stress-test your messages
- Why the properly developed & practiced message map gives you a distinct advantage over everyone else in the room, including the critics
- How to deliver your message and navigate challenging q/a using the map
- When and how to use the map as a visual tool to strengthen message clarity
- How to create maps in groups and how to use them to ensure key stakeholders are all on the same page.
- How engineers, lawyers, marketers, and executives use this approach to gain support and move their agendas forward
In this session, you will learn how to design and use a message map. You will work in small groups for different case scenarios. You are welcome to bring a difficult communication situation you are anticipating and gain the group’s and Art’s support in helping to construct your map.
Additionally, every program participant gains evergreen access to Art for a detailed, confidential review of your future critical-communication message maps.
Upcoming Sessions & Registration Fee:
2/9/21 kicking off at 10:00 AM Central (3-hours)
e-mail Art Petty for questions or to discuss group registration or setting up a custom session for your team.