The lure of “partnering” with others is strong in our society, particularly as more and more high quality professionals pursue their own businesses outside of the not-so-cozy confines of corporate walls. Much like marriage, there are some remarkable upsides and unfortunately (according to the numbers), some pretty significant downsides for many.
Enter Linda Finkle, CEO of Incedo Group, and author of the book, “Finding the Fork in the Road-The Art of Maximizing the Potential of Business Partnerships” to share some sage guidance on this important topic.
Aside from delivering a great interview here, Linda’s perspectives on “not forcing a fit,” and planning ahead to the inevitable point in time when the partnership no longer makes sense (the fork in the road!) resonate with me on so many levels.
Enjoy this interesting and highly relevant interview. It might just save you from making some serious partnering missteps of your own!
- Why building a successful partnership is more difficult than building a successful business.
- The importance of planning for that point in time where the partnership has hit maximum profitability and utility or, “It doesn’t have to be until death do us part.”
- Why it’s so critical to never force a fit when considering a partnership.
- Plan how you will communicate and work the plan.
- Why so many partnerships end up in divorce.
- Communication, communication , communication.
- Yes, you can celebrate the end of a partnership.
About The Leadership Caffeine Podcast:
The purpose of this show is to connect with leaders, management thinkers, authors, educators, entrepreneurs and anyone else passionate about improving and innovating in leadership and management. If you are interested in being a guest on the show, contact Art Petty.
The Next Episode:
Robert W. Lucas, a widely published author and expert on customer service, shares his expertise on this mission critical topic, including ideas from his latest book: Please Every Customer-Delivering Stellar Customer Service Across Cultures.
About Art Petty:
Art Petty is a Leadership & Career Coach helping motivated professionals of all levels achieve their potential. In addition to working with highly motivated professionals, Art frequently works with project teams in pursuit of high performance. Art’s second book, Leadership Caffeine-Ideas to Energize Your Professional Development, will be published in September of 2011.
Contact Art via e-mail to discuss a coaching, workshop or speaking engagement.